Saturday, February 21, 2015

I Yarn For You....

....wool you be my Valentine?

On Valentine's Day our coworker showed us not one, but two great wool shops in our area.  They are both about a 7 minute walk from our office -- easily walkable on a lunch break. 


The yarn is mostly from Turkey. There is some 100% wool and lots of acrylic blends, of course. I've been itching to knit something-- anything-- for the past few weeks so I bought a cotton (55%) acrylic (45%) blend. 100 g for less than $3.00.


It is knitting up pretty nicely and feels good. As you can see, I've already knit up 4 little bags.  I'm finding knitting quite therapeutic but I think 4 bags is enough. 

Now it is time to get more wool and start on a bigger project. I'll keep you posted. 

You have me in stitches, Valentine!