Friday, August 22, 2008


Our Miracle Car

We walked into the Toyota dealership knowing what we wanted:
A 2006 Toyota Corolla.
Arthur also had an idea about our budget. We talked to a salesman who asked us about ourselves and what we were looking for. He asked if we'd ever been in a Corolla and we said we had in taxis in Bangkok. This lead to Arthur talking about MCC and our work. The salesman said "I go to a Mennonite church" and then I knew we were in the right place. It turns out he goes to the SAME CHURCH we go to, but we didn't know each other because we've been gone for 6 years and he only started attending 4 years ago. At the end of the meeting he said "I will do my best for you."
Two days later, he had found our car. It's a 2006 Toyota Corolla which has just come off a lease. It had incredibly low mileage for a '06 (above) at 23,690 km and the price was right. Because of the high price of fuel right now, Corollas are popular and sell quickly so we were happy to be on the top of the list for this great car.
I was a bit concerned that I won't be able to find it in parking lots because it is silver and looks like everyone else's car so we put a "LAO" sticker on the back to help me.
Since we bought it, we've been putting on about 1,000 km/week so we are really thankful to have a car that goes the extra mile, as it were.
We really feel that God helped us find the right car.