Thursday, March 21, 2013

First Day Of Spring

A week or two ago a coworker sent me an email and she ended by saying "Spring is just around the snow bank!" Since then I've fallen into a snowbank and experienced it more closely than I'd like to have.

There seems to be no end to this winter. We had 15 cm of snow on Monday. This morning the temperature was -23 plus a windchill. When people have been wishing me a happy spring, I'm at a loss for how to respond.

We've got ice dams on the front porch. Last weekend the boys had to sweep off the roof with a broom that has a very long handle.

Yesterday when the snowplow went down the back lane it deposited a nice heavy ridge of solid snow right in front of the garage.

So, I've been in the snow bank and shovelled the snow bank. My question is: "Where is Spring?"